Friday, August 15, 2008

Girls night then Scary night!!!!!

So last night I was pretty pumped, I was getting a night out without the girls. Brent was watching the girls and I went to the Huisache to eat dinner. I could not of been on time to save my life. I left my wallet in the diaper bag had to get that..... then I meet up with a wreck on 725 that had everything to a stand still. However, I got there and had a blast. The food was wonderful and the company was even better.
Sarah, me, Katherine, Kendra, Karen

At the end of dinner I received a phone call from Brent stating that he did not think Brylen was breathing correctly. That every breath was a struggle and she was not keeping her food down. So I told him to take her by Dr. Hartfiels house and see what he said. I left for Seguin and was hauling it home. Brent called me a short time later and said that they were headed to the emergency room. I freaked! We arrived at the ER at the same time and I took Brylen in. After a stressful moment with the fast track woman we proceeded to the back. Brylen had a fever of 101.6 and was still not breathing right. So after ALOT of pokes they were able to get blood from her and we gave her a breathing treatment. That was the life saver...... 5 minutes after she had the treatment she was doing so much better. We took chest x-rays and the whole nine yards, but in the end she was doing better. Basically we are dealing with the same thing that we dealt with back in December when we spent almost a week in the hospital there. She is on breathing treatments and antibiotics until she gets back to normal.

Her fever finally broke today around 1 and she is starting to be a happier baby. Her appetite is not there but it will make its return full force. : )

Until next time pray for rain!!

2 comments:

britni said...

I am so glad that she is getting better! Joel and I were both worried when you called. I am also jealous because we didn't get a lick of rain last night, but I am glad that Miss Brinley's little prayers got answered! Oh you have to look at the Calls blog, emily posted about brooklyn and brinley.

Kouper Shane said...

That is so scary! I am sorry you had to go through that, but so glad it turned out okay. You're prayers have been answered, we've gotten some rain!!

And I take it that Miss Brylen isn't allergic to egg yolks? I sure hope not, that was no fun for us! I should have known better though, since Kayson was allergic too! Live and learn, I guess....